Canada RO Nomination + Young Professional

Age 18-35
Visa Length 12 or 24 Months
Cost $1,400.00

Why Go & What's Included

Have you found a job in Canada that you love and you're hoping to stay longer? Have you already participated in IEC and want to come back to Canada to work for a great employer in a position that will benefit your professional growth? We can help make it happen!

As a Recognized Organization (RO) with the Government of Canada, SWAP is able to offer RO Nomination programs for IEC-eligible candidates each year. Our RO Nomination quota is highly limited and exclusive to SWAP, but can help first-time applicants and those looking for repeat participation obtain an IEC Young Professional visa.  

An RO Nomination in the Young Professional category enables applicants to: 

  • Receive a guaranteed Invitation to Apply (ITA) from the pools, provided you have a job offer with National Occupational Classification (NOC) within TEER level 0, 1, 2, or 3;  
  • Participate up to two more times in IEC programs, over and above what is allowed under your country’s YMA; 
  • Apply under IEC categories that may not normally be available to you (for example, Young Professional visa for Japanese nationals); 
  • Apply up until the age of 35, even if your country's YMA is only for those 18-30 when applying individually. 


  • IEC Young Professional visa nomination and guaranteed Invitation to Apply (ITA)
  • Detailed visa instruction guides for both you and your employer
  • Advice and assistance for both you and your employer from knowledgeable staff throughout the visa application process


  • Exclusive Canada Arrival Guide that includes helpful pre-departure tips and what to expect while living and working in Canada 
  • Virtual pre-departure orientation and arrival orientations (virtual or in-person) 
  • Access to our hosting centres in Toronto and Vancouver complete with laptops, Wi-Fi, printers/scanners, and coffee and tea 

  • Canadian mailing address, mail holding, and free Canada-wide letter forwarding 
  • Travel tips and recommendations 
  • Customized resources for driving, healthcare, housing, shopping, and more! 
  • Assistance with work permit, employer, or landlord issues 
  • After-hours emergency support line — because life happens! 
  • Free SIM card upon arrival (optional) 


  • Monthly social events (hockey games, hikes, canoe trips, pub nights, and more!) 
  • Access to the vibrant SWAP Canada community on Discord  
  • Free summer walking tours in Vancouver and Toronto (monthly from June – September) 
  • Annual seminars on taxes and immigration 

  • Hosting centres where you can network and meet likeminded travellers, potential roommates and friends   
  • Active membership for your entire working holiday 

Other Costs

All applicants will be responsible for paying the IEC participant fee (CAD$172), biometrics fees (if applicable) and medical exam fees (if applicable) directly to the Canadian government or medical clinic.

Employers are also responsible for paying the $230 employer fee directly to the Canadian government.


Thinking about taking the leap? International travel is not without rules. Check these conditions to see if you qualify.

  • Job Offer
    You must have a valid job offer with a National Occupational Code in TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3 and an employer willing to assist with your application and pay the $230 employer fee. SWAP cannot assist with sourcing eligible job offers.
  • Age
    You need to be 18-35 years old (you must apply after your 18th birthday and receive your ITA prior to your 36th birthday), even when your nationality only allows applications up to age 30.
  • Nationality
    You must hold a passport from an IEC-eligible country listed here.

  • Visa Length
    12-24 months depending on the Youth Mobility Agreement between your country and Canada and the duration of your job offer (job offers cannot exceed the length of time you are permitted, as per your nationality).
  • Passport
    Must have a valid passport for the duration of visa length.
  • Health Insurance
    Upon arrival, you must have health insurance coverage for the duration of your stay in Canada.

Arrival Accommodation

Want us to arrange your hostel accommodation for your arrival? We work with hostels in Toronto, Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Banff, and Montreal. Contact SWAP staff for pricing details and to book!

How to Apply

The 2024 Young Professional waitlist is now closed. Thank you for your interest in this year's program!

For those already on the waitlist, we selected our most recent candidates on Tuesday, April 23, 2024. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Want to apply with us next year? Check your eligibility using the button below!


What type of visa do I get with this program?

Unlike the Working Holiday program, which offers an open work permit, the Young Professional program offers a closed work permit.

A closed work permit means that you are limited to working for the employer that sponsored you in the exact role and location detailed on your visa application and job offer. These details will also appear on your work permit. You will not be able to work outside these conditions while on this work permit.

Does the Young Professional program require an LMIA job offer?

No, the Young Professional program is LMIA-exempt, which means that your employer can help you apply as long as your job offer meets one of the eligible categories.

I have a job offer from a Canadian employer in a different TEER category. Can I still apply for this visa?

Unfortunately, no, we can only assist those with a job offer with an eligible NOC code in TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3.

I have an employer willing to help me, but they’re not familiar with the IRCC system and what they need to do. Can you help them?

Yes! We provide a highly detailed resource guide specifically for your employer when you register. There is also a lot of helpful information online on the IEC website. If your employer ever has any questions or concerns, they are welcome to contact us directly.

I want to participate in this program, but I don't have a job offer. Can you help me find one?

Unfortunately, no. Finding an eligible job offer is not something we can help with, nor do we have any resources to connect employers with applicants looking for this type of visa. We require applicants to have a valid job offer upon registration.

The Young Professional program is not an option under my nationality on the IEC website. Can I still participate in this program?

Yes! Receiving an RO Nomination allows all IEC-eligible nationalities to participate in the Young Professional program, even if the program is not normally available to you when applying on your own.

For those who are eligible to apply on their own for the Young Professional program, an RO Nomination would enable you to apply for this program for a second time.

Is the discontinuity requirement in effect when I apply for a Young Professional visa with an RO?

No, there is no discontinuity requirement when you apply for a second IEC program with an RO. This means that you can go directly from one visa to another without having to wait in between (which is normally required when applying for a second participation on your own for certain countries). You can find more information on this here.

Can I switch jobs while on the Young Professional visa?

Yes, but it's a very difficult and time-consuming process. We stongly encourage all applicants to proceed with this program only if they are confident and happy to commit to their employer.