Work in Ireland
$695 per person
Imagine standing on the edge of a rugged seaside cliff, the sound of the ocean rushing in your ears, and seabirds singing overhead. The beautiful isle of Ireland is full of natural whimsical beauty and legendary road trips that will never cease to amaze you. Have you packed your bags yet?
In addition to its captivating scenery, the Emerald Isle prides itself on its soulful and historic cities, quaint villages, legendary nightlife and music festivals, and world-renowned friendliness! Settle in with a pint of Guinness or a good ole’ whiskey on the rocks – it’s time to catch up with your local friends, and we know you’ll make a bunch!
The famous SWAP Ireland program includes a 2-year visa, expert support in getting your visa, a GO SWAP Kit loaded with pre-departure information, 1 night of accommodation and all the local Irish support and resources you need to make the most of your working holiday! Being a stone’s throw from the UK and the rest of Europe, Ireland is the ideal home base. With Celtic tunes, breathtaking cliffs, and friendly folk at every turn, it is sure to be a whale of a time!
DeparturePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Departure TimeApproximately 8:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and warm jacket.
From Our Gallery
Work in Ireland
Experience Ireland your way through one of our most popular working holiday programs! Not only do you get to live and work in an exciting location, but Ireland's hospitality and knowledge of the English language makes it a jolly good destination for both first-time and experienced travellers.
Work in Ireland
Thinking about taking the leap?
International travel is not without rules. Check these conditions to see if you qualify.Age: You need to be 18-35 years old (you must apply after your 18th birthday and be issued your visa prior to your 36th birthday)
Nationality: These adventures are open to Canadians only.
Required Savings: You need to have savings of at least $2,500 CAD prior to your arrival in Ireland.
Criminal Check: Must have no criminal record.
Health Insurance: Health insurance is required for the duration of your stay.
Registration Timeline: You should be able to travel approximately 8 weeks after you start the application process with us. Do not make travel or accommodation arrangements until your program coordinator lets you know that everything is good to go.
Duration: You can stay in Ireland for up to 24 months.
Start Date: You can start at any time of the year!
- Expert guidance and SWAP support to have your Irish visa approved
- Your GO SWAP Kit, which includes helpful visa information and pre-departure tips, and our exclusive SWAP Guide to Ireland to prepare you for life on the Emerald Isle
- Online pre-departure orientation to prepare you for your trip
- 1 night of hostel accommodation – you can extend your stay once you arrive
- Arrival orientation with our local staff: learn vital information on red-tape issues, how to find work and accommodation, and what to expect while living and travelling in Ireland
- Employment assistance, including job postings, employer contacts, and resume review
- Accommodation resources and advice to help you find your new home
- Unlimited access to computers, internet, and local phones at the hosting centres
- Mailbox and mail-forwarding services
- Assistance setting up your Irish bank account and tax number
- Guidance on how to file taxes in Ireland
- Organized social events
- 24/7 emergency support
- Exclusive access to online group where you can connect with other travellers and learn about what's going on in your destination country
- Full access to ongoing guidance and support services from local staff at the hosting centre for the duration of your stay!
Upcoming Orientation DatesWe recommend you plan your arrival around the monthly group orientation dates. Meet others and learn everything you need to know to get set up in Ireland, our team in Dublin will be there to make sure you have all the information you need! May 18, 2022 June 15, 2022 July 20, 2022 August 17, 2022 September 21, 2022 October 19, 2022 November 16, 2022 December 14, 2022
How To Apply
Working and living in Ireland with SWAP is easy! Feel free to contact us with any questions you have as you get ready to take the first step.Step 1: Make sure you’re eligible to apply.
Step 2: When you're ready to move forward, sign up here.
Step 3: SWAP confirms your registration and welcomes you to the program, sending you instructions on how to book the tour, apply for the visa, and what you need to prepare for your trip.
Step 4: Once your visa gets approved, we book your arrival accommodation and send your pre-departure guide for you to review.
Step 5: You arrive in Ireland and start the best two years of your life, working and living on the Emerald Isle!
*Don’t forget to budget for your flight, health insurance, and your required savings