Costa Rica + Learn Spanish and Travel
$3200 per person
Wake up and say “buenos dias!” in one of the world’s happiest countries and experience the pura vida lifestyle for yourself on the incredible island nation of Costa Rica. Relax, refresh, and soak in those beautiful rays – and don’t forget to send us a postcard!
Costa Rica is one of the world’s most biologically diverse countries and a playground for the adventurous. What better place to learn Spanish? Spend four weeks ziplining through lush rainforests, white water rafting on the Savegre River, hiking out to La Fortuna Waterfall, or sipping fresh coconut water on Tamarindo beach, all while immersing yourself in the local language and culture. Make lifelong friends, priceless memories, and expand your opportunities by learning one of the most commonly spoken languages in the world. Your Costa Rican adventure awaits!
DeparturePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Departure TimeApproximately 8:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and warm jacket.
Costa Rica + Learn Spanish
Thinking about taking the leap?
International travel is not without rules. Check these conditions to see if you qualify.Age: Canadians ages 18+. Language Requirement: All levels of Spanish welcome. Nationality: These adventures are open to Canadians only. Criminal Check: Must have no criminal record. Health Insurance: Health insurance is required for the duration of your stay. Registration Timeline: Apply for SWAP's Learn Spanish + Travel program at least 4 weeks prior to your intended arrival. Duration: Tourist visa allowance of 90 days total. Start Date: You can start at any time of the year!
- Expert guidance and SWAP support to arrange and confirm your course registration
- Airport pickup and drop off at your hostel
- Transport back to airport after the program ends
- 4 weeks of hostel accommodation in a beachside town, conveniently located near your school + complimentary breakfast each morning
- 1 week tour of Costa Rica, plus cultural and adventure activities
- 20 hours of Spanish classes per week
- One-on-one conversational practice with native Spanish speakers