Work in Canada + RO Nomination
$900 per person
Enjoy all the same great benefits of being a SWAP member and receive guaranteed IEC pool selection with one of our Canada RO Nomination programs!
What is an RO? SWAP is a Recognized Organization (RO) of International Experience Canada (IEC), the government program that facilitates Canada’s youth mobility agreements. Because of our efforts year-round sending Canadians abroad, SWAP can support youth coming to Canada in both the Working Holiday and Young Professional categories with RO nominated spaces, however, spaces are highly limited each year.
The Work in Canada RO Nomination program includes all the same great benefits of our Canada Essentials package, plus the advantage of an RO Nomination, which affords applicants a guaranteed Invitation to Apply (ITA) from the IEC pools. We’ll guide you through the whole application process and support you during your entire time in Canada.
Hoping to advance your career skills and experience with a specific Canadian employer? Our Young Professional RO Nomination program offers an employer-specific visa and includes expert SWAP advice and guidance during the application process and throughout your time in Canada, plus a guaranteed Invitation to Apply from the IEC pools. Applicants must have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer with an eligible NOC code (0, A, B) to be considered.
Sounds good, eh? Read on to find out if you’re eligible!
DeparturePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Departure TimeApproximately 8:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and warm jacket.
Work in Canada + RO Nomination
When it comes to living and working in Canada, there are some requirements you will have to follow. Check these conditions to see if you qualify.To be eligible on this program, you must be eligible for an International Experience Canada Working Holiday Visa.
The Working Holiday category is only available to youth from countries that have youth mobility agreements with Canada. Click here to check your eligibility.
If you are eligible for a Working Holiday Visa, you must also be prepared to have a valid passport for the duration of your visa length, arrive in Canada with emergency medical insurance for the full duration of your stay, and have at least CAN$2,500 in support funds to help cover your expenses in Canada.
The 2022 program is closed. We do not have a date when the 2023 program will open. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- RO Nomination, which guarantees selection from IEC pools and Invitation to Apply for your Canadian visa
- Expert guidance and SWAP support to have your Canadian visa approved
- Ongoing support from our expert local staff prior to your departure and throughout the duration of your visa
- Comprehensive pre-departure guide and virtual pre-departure orientation to prepare you before you leave home
- Arrival orientation (in-person and virtual options) that covers all the essentials for getting you started in Canada
- Access to our hosting centres in Vancouver and Toronto, complete with laptops, Wi-Fi, printing services, tea and coffee, and luggage storage!
- Arrival hostel accommodation (optional)
- Free city walking tours offered on a monthly basis (June - September)
- Free SIM cards and cellphone set up in office (optional)
- Canadian mailing address, mail holding, and free Canada-wide letter forwarding
- Housing advice and assistance, including detailed guides for Vancouver and Toronto
- Employment advice and resources;
- Job searching advice from knowledgeable staff
- Exclusive Canada-wide job database
- Resume and cover letter review
- SWAP employment connections and leads for jobs with vetted, trusted employers
- Interview advice and support
- Monthly organized social events where you can meet fellow travellers
- Monthly SWAP Scoop e-newsletters jam-packed with jobs, events, travel tips, and SWAP news
- 24/7 after-hours emergency line
- Customized resources for travel, healthcare, driving, shopping, and more!
Working in Canada is easy with SWAP! Feel free to contact us with any questions you have as you get ready to take the first stepStep 1: Make sure you’re eligible for our Work in Canada programs by visiting the IEC website here
Step 2: Email email@example.com with your name, age, and nationality, and details about whether you’ve participated in an IEC program before. Be sure to express what program you’re interested in applying for.
Step 3: If we deem you eligible for our programs, we’ll send you more information about how to move forward with your application.
Step 4: Once you’re approved, we’ll get started helping you plan for your arrival.
Step 5: Attend your virtual pre-departure orientation session, meet the team, and get prepared for your upcoming adventure.
Step 6: Arrive in Canada, attend an arrival orientation, and meet our staff who will help you make the most of your time in Canada!