Australia + Melbourne 4-Day Welcome Week
$1050 per person
Oh, Australia: the land of amazing beaches, lush landscapes, and sunshine galore. There are tons of young, adventurous travellers who have called Australia home – why not join them? Escape Canadian winter and say hello to an endless summer by migrating to Australia. Sounds like a sweet deal to us!
SWAP’s Work in Australia + Melbourne 4-Day Welcome Week has unbeatable value and is the perfect start to your working holiday adventure Down Under! We will arrange your airport transfer and first 3 nights of accommodation. You’ll get the chance to spend a week exploring beautiful Melbourne with a group of fellow newly arrived travellers, including a visit to St. Kilda Beach, a city art and food tour of Melbourne, sightseeing, and more!
After your first week’s mind-blowing introduction to Australia, you will be armed with a group of mates and the knowledge to help you transition smoothly into your working holiday. Whether you decide to settle in a big city, small town, or somewhere in between, our SWAP services will support you in finding a job and long-term accommodation, as well as helping you sort out your phone and bank account as soon as possible.
Once you have made yourself at home, you will soon get to know Australia as a local, make lifelong friends, develop your resume, and discover the best spots for flat whites and meat pies. With a minimum wage starting at over $20/hour, not only will you enjoy your workdays, but we reckon you’ll be able to fund your after-work outings and weekend travels, too. SWAP’s ongoing support services are an ace resource for you during your time in Australia, so pop by the hosting centre any time!
DeparturePlease arrive by 9:15 AM for a prompt departure at 9:30 AM.
Departure TimeApproximately 8:30 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking shoes, hat and warm jacket.
Day 1: Welcome to Melbourne
Day 2: Get Set Up, Meet Your Guide and Get a Taste of Melbourne
Day 3: Work and Travel Help
Day 4: Discover More of Melbourne & Party
Australia + Melbourne 4-Day Welcome Week
Thinking about taking the leap?
International travel is not without rules. Check these conditions to see if you qualify.Age: You need to be 18-35 years old (you must apply after your 18th birthday and be issued your visa prior to your 36th birthday)
Nationality: These adventures are open to Canadians only.
Required Savings: You need to have savings of $5,000 Australian Dollars if you have a return flight booked or $7,000 Australian Dollars if you don’t.
Criminal Check: Must have no criminal record.
Health Insurance: Health insurance is required for the duration of your stay.
Registration Timeline: You should be able to travel approximately 8 weeks after you start the application process with us. Do not make travel or accommodation arrangements until your program coordinator lets you know that everything is good to go.
Duration: You can stay in Australia for up to 12 months.
Start Date: You can start at any time of the year!
- Expert guidance and SWAP support to have your Australian visa approved
- Your GO SWAP Kit, which includes helpful visa information and pre-departure tips
- 12-month Australian Working Holiday visa, allowing for multiple entries into the country
- Airport pick-up and transfer to your pre-arranged accommodation
- An information session with the team in Melbourne on all the paperwork you’ll need to get done, how to find work and long-term housing, and what to expect while living and travelling in Australia
- One-on-one advice to discuss your resume, employment options, and to answer all of your travel questions for the duration of your time in Australia
- 3 nights’ stay at Melbourne's Space Hotel (extra nights + upgrades can be arranged!)
- Melbourne city walking tour
- Open-dated Eureka Skydeck ticket and Bar Crawl entry
- Assistance setting up your Australian bank account and tax file number
- Australian SIM card and traveller's discount card
- 12-month membership to Australia's leading online job network / database for travellers + resume review service
- 12-month mail drop and forwarding services
- Luggage storage
- Medicare Help
- Full access to ongoing guidance and support services at the Melbourne and Sydney hosting centres for the duration of your stay!
Working and living in Australia is easy with SWAP! Feel free to contact us with any questions you have as you get ready to take the first step.Step 1: Make sure you’re eligible to apply.
Step 2: When you're ready to move forward, sign up here.
Step 3: SWAP confirms your registration and welcomes you to the program, sending you instructions on how to book the tour, apply for the visa, and what you need to prepare for your trip.
Step 4: You send your tour booking form and visa application back to us and we help to secure your visa and confirm your start date.
Step 5: Once everything is confirmed, we send your visa and pre-departure materials to you.
Step 6: You arrive in Melbourne, go to the hostel, and get ready for Day 1 of your arrival itinerary.
Step 7: You have the best week of your life, make new friends, and learn everything you need to know about living and working in Australia!
*Don’t forget to budget for your flight, health insurance, and your required savings