The SWAP Teach in China Internship Package at a Glance
Eligibility: Mature, flexible applicants aged 19-45, fully fluent in English, with prior travel experience. Post secondary education is preferred; however applicants with High School diplomas with sound grades may apply. Prior work experience is preferred but not necessary.
Registration Deadline: End of November 2013 (for destination arrival of January 2014).
Visa Duration: 6 months
Registration Fee: $3,700
Program Length: 6 Months (January or July start dates) 1-month TEFL training, 5 months teaching placement in a Chinese school
Support Funds: $1,500. What are support funds?
visa for business and cultural exchange
- Accommodation provided throughout program
- During orientation and TEFL training, accommodation will be in student housing at training location. Will include meals through the student canteen and access to school facilities for evening recreation and sporting activities
- During Internship, shared teacher accommodation at Chinese School. Meals will be supplied by the school canteen, or through other arrangements depending on the school (except for weekends and holidays)
- Pre-departure information and assistance
- Visa instructions and support
- 4-week TEFL course and placement in 5-month teaching internship by our Chinese partners Teach & Travel China (please note placement in teaching internship is dependant on passing the TEFL course)
- TEFL certification at the end of the program
- Teacher intern allowance of 2000RMB (per month for one semester) and a completion bonus of 2500RMB
- Airport pickup and transfer to and from teaching internship
- Meals (except for weekends and holidays)
- Lessons in basic Mandarin, tai chi, calligraphy and many social and cultural activities
- Tour of the Great Wall, Summer Palace, Olympic Stadium
- 24/7 support of Teach & Travel China throughout the duration of the program
- SWAP Electronic Acceptance pack, Visa Instruction pack, and pre-departure information
- Teach & Travel China Pre-Departure Handbook and Welcome Pack on arrival
How to Register
Registering for SWAP Teach in China Internship is easy.
- Read the 'Teach in China Internship at a glance' eligibility information to ensure you meet all the requirements
- Print out the SWAP Teach in China Internship Registration Pack and read the Terms and Conditions listed on the last page
- Once you understand and accept the Terms and Conditions, complete the SWAP Teach in China Internship Registration Pack. Don't forget to sign and date the form!
- Courier your completed Registration Pack and supplementary documents outlined below to SWAP at:
SWAP Working Holidays
187 College Street 3rd Flr
Toronto, Ontario M5T 1P7
Attn: Teach in China Coordinator
- You will be contacted by our Teach in China coordinator to complete a phone interview and an online English test.
SWAP Registration Checklists
Include the following documents as part of your registration:
- A copy of your educational qualifications
- Proof of support funds indicating you have at least $1,500 CAD
- Photocopy of your Canadian Passport picture page (passport must be signed and valid for at least one year from date of departure)
- One official passport photo
- Program deposit of $1,000 made payable to SWAP Working Holidays by certified cheque or money order