(1) Read through the SWAP Program Conditions found in the SWAP Registration Form.
- Please note that once payment ($300 without accommodation or $400 with 2 nights accommodation) is made, SWAP programs are not refundable.
- You will be responsible for applying for, paying for and acquiring, your own Canadian work document through International Experience Canada. However, we're happy to provide support and advice during the application process, just e-mail us!
If your country IS on the list above, please contact our local partner and they'll get you set up! If your country is NOT listed, please continue below.
- Please make sure you are eligible for the program and have your visa before registering on a SWAP program. The International Experience Canada website outlines the eligibility per country.
Have questions before applying? We're here to help from the moment you decide to come on a Working Holiday here in Canada! Simply e-mail us!
Please note: The IEC programme has recently changed their application system. The new system requires eligible candidates to submit a profile into a pool. If the profile is accepted, candidates will receive a Letter of Invitation, which allows them to then apply for the Working Holiday permit. The times these rounds of Letters of Invitation are issued differ for each country. After determining your eligibility and submitting your profile, please check when the round of invitation is for your country. Simply click “Change your Selection” and select your appropriate country and Working Holiday category for information on when you can apply for the pool, and when the next round of invitations is. Not all countries are eligible to apply for a Working Holiday Visa. Please check the IEC website to verify if you are eligible to apply.
Within 48 hours, SWAP will contact you with your receipt, your pre-arrival manual and your log in details to the SWAP membership lounge. It is your responsibility to confirm that this information was received and contact SWAP if you do not receive confirmation. Make sure to keep in contact with SWAP regarding your arrival date and update them of any changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
(3) After you submit the above forms, SWAP will send you a welcome e-mail that will include an accommodation booking form (if you choose the accommodation option) and a detailed pre-departure guide that goes over everything you need to know before leaving for Canada. Included will be details of the hosting centres, orientation dates and times, and other important information.
(4) Arrive in Canada and contact one of our hosting centres (in Toronto and Vancouver) to get all the assistance you need to make sure your Canadian working holiday is a success!
SWAP Services in Canada Include:
- 90-minute welcome orientation that covers how to find work, a place to live, and everything you need to know about working and living in Canada.
- Online Members' Lounge - you can access all of SWAP's resources including online jobs, housing, and much more.
- Access to our SWAP Jobs Database with an exclusive Canada-wide listing.
- Arrival kit including local maps, tourist information.
- Guidance for job searching.
- Government & Social insurance number assistance.
- Accommodation listings in both hosting centres.
- One-on-one resume reviews.
- Pre-departure guide.
- Advice on how to open a bank account and get a SIM card.
- Choice of local phone plans available within the office.
- Emergency assistance with work permits, visas and passports.
- One-on-one employment consultation with our specialized staff.
- Social events (skiing & snowboarding trips, pub nights, kayaking, hiking, and more).
- Free arrival city walking tours.
- Unlimited internet use and Wi-Fi.
- Printing and photocopying.
- Free local phone calls.
- Industry specific information sessions (how to get work at ski resorts, summer camps, farms etc.).
- Bi-annual in office job fairs (employers come to our offices to interview you!).
- Luggage storage (additional cost).
- Secure document storage.
- Online members lounge-all SWAP resources online.
- Mail holding and forwarding service.
- Travel advice and general guidance.